I have generally had long hair throughout my whole life, and one good reason for me to keep my long hair is not much of the style, but more conveniently. Having long hair is effortless to manage; I'm always practical with my everyday activities. I prefer things that I can grab and go. One of the benefits of having long hair is that; I don't have to style it all the time; all I need to do is wash and dry it. Thanks so much for my straight-manageable hair.
Although having long hair is easy to take care of, it still has its ups and downs. As I'm getting older, I have noticed my hair is getting thinner, dull, and frizz easily. To keep its locks healthy and shiny, I do my hair care regiment religiously. I make sure to avoid things that I know will damage my hair.
If you're after beautiful hair or want to figure out how to keep it healthy and shiny, read and learn how to care for your strand. Here are 11 pieces of hair care advice that I found helpful to keep my hair healthy and manageable.
1. Do not wash your hair every day.
Cleanse your hair every day, will remove the scalp from its protective oil and triggering it to produce more oil. It is advisable to wash your hair every other day or, even better, for every three days. In between shampoo to minimize the oil in your scalp, you can use dry shampoo or put one teaspoon of baby powder, spread it on your scalp, and brush it out. Here's my favorite dry shampoo
3. Massage your scalp Massage your head well with the shampoo to encourage blood circulation and remove all the hair's excess dirt.
4. Avoid hot water Washing your scalp with hot water will dry out your hair and lose its shine, create tangles resulting in damaged hair. My advice, shower your body with a warm temperature after washing your body, then lower the water temperatures to wash your hair.
5. To avoid frizzy hair. To minimize hair frizz, gently dry your hair with a microfiber towel by pressing out all excess water and not rubbing it. Remember, always care for the hair with a gentle touch.
I use this product to minimize frizz hair:
my favorite product: www.amazon.com
6. Skip the hot air.
To avoid dry out hair, try to minimize using a hot air setting; use hot air for a few seconds, and finish a blow-dry with a blast of cold air, which will also boost hair shine. Avoid hot hair straightening for daily treatments unless you need to. Here's are my favorite hairdryer;
7. Brush your hair twice and day.
My daughter will not go to sleep if I don't brush her hair, she has beautiful long deep-dark brown hair, and we've been doing this since she was about a year old. Brushing hair is one of our bedtime routines. Healthy hair required regular brushing, at least twice a day. Tangle hair will produce hair split and lose its luster.
8. Protect your hair from Sun Rays.
If you think Sun Rays can only be harmful to your skin, think again! Always protect your hair during summer. Sun exposure is not just toxic on the skin but also on the hair. Too much sun vulnerability will leave the hair breakage and dull.
Before you swim on the beach or pool, the first line of defense is filtered water. The hair can only soak up a certain amount of water-like sponge, so if you wet your hair with clean, filtered water before swimming, it will less soak up drying ingredients like salt or chlorine. I also recommend coating your hair with a leave-in conditioner with a UV shield to create a physical barrier between your hair and the harsh chemical in the water. And the end of the summer, always does an intensive conditioning treatment; whether you go to the salon or do it yourself at home, it essential to deep condition your hair at least every two weeks. This care will help rejuvenate the hair from damaged and frizzed hair.
This the hair product that we love:
9. Drink plenty of water
If my body hydrate well, the hair has become more manageable and shiny, so drink plenty of water promotes hydrated and healthy hair.
10. Vitamin and Nutrition Have you heard this saying? " You are what you eat" So, the most important thing is to eat right. After all, your hair gets all the nutrition from what you put on your body, so make sure to eat proper, healthy, and add a vitamin supplement to your diet ( if you need to). I add this vitamin to my beauty regimen. Here is my favorite brand: www.amazon.com
11. Satin or Silk Pillow Case
Silk or satin pillowcase may not be significant enough to keep your hair healthy. Still, it's well worth the price is because there's no harsh friction with your hair tugging and pulling against this material resulting in fewer knots in the morning.
Ok, lovelies, thank you so much for stopping by. If you have any hair care suggestions that you would like to add, please leave your comment before leaving this page. Thank you so much!