One thing I know for sure to give my mom on mother's day is my DIY flower bouquet. It has tremendous value to it because it is made with love. Effortless And is affordable to do it myself to use the extra money for her other special gift.
Anyway, I found this beautiful rustic and garden-style flower basket, and I thought this would be nice for my flower arrangement, which is a bit different from what I usually arranged, but this would be something new for her.
I chose Red and Vendela Roses because it is one of my favorite flowers. You will never go wrong with these roses; Vendela roses it represents beauty, sophisticated, purity, and glamour, just like my mom. And Red roses symbolize love, admiration, and gratitude, and that's how I feel toward her.
I added some of the green leaves from my garden for a sentimental touch and complimented the flowers.
Do you know that most of the florists charge you triple the initial price or some even more? For instance, if they spent $10 on the flowers and tools, they will sell it to you for $30+. To break down the price, this is how it goes: first for the Ten dollars that they spent for the flowers and tools and Ten dollars for the mortgage/store, another Ten dollars for their service. Again for every dollar that they finished, they charge you triple the price. And don't forget about the busy days like Holidays, Mother's Day, Valentine's day; the demand is high, so that the price will be skyrocket. So if you are on a budget it is better to arrange the flowers by yourself, you will be saving money more than 50% of the prices. Isn't that cool?
What you need:
1. Flower knife or Pruning Shears
1/2 Flower foam
A basket by Debby Lilly or you can get it on VONS CLUB or any basket
6 stems of Red Roses
6 stalks of Vendela Roses
1. Clean your tools
2. Soak the foam in the water and flower's food ( if you don't it just put sugar
3. cut the foam to fit the basket and put a little bit of water just about 1 inch from the bottom.
4. Clean the flowers, take all the leaves out, and take out 2 or 3 the rose's petal layer. That way, it makes it look fresh.
5. To make it easy for you, sort it according to the color or flowers.
6. Cut it and measured how tall you want your arrangement to stand. I suggest not too tall, just enough for the flowers to fit all together on the basket; the most elevated it is, the more space you have, it means more flowers you need to feel in.
8. Stick the flowers to the foam and make 5 points marks, one in the middle and the four others put in every corner as you wish to mark your arrangement's shape. And starting from then, fill it up to space with the rest of the flowers.
9. Put the leaves on the flowers' outer side and fill it out the empty spot between flowers.
total cost for my DIY $15, it means if you buy this at a floral store, it will cost you around $50+ and because it is mother's day, add another $15 so in conclusion price at the Floral Store it will be $65
like I always said, "Practice would make it better."
Thank you so much for reading, and please tell me what you think in the comment below. And again, Happy Mother's Day for all the Mothers out there!