I have generally had long hair throughout my whole life, and the reason to keep my long hair is not that of the style, but more conveniently. It's because having long hair effortless to manage. I'm always practical with my everyday activities. I prefer things that I can just grab and go. One of the benefits of having a long hair is that; I don't have to style it all the time, all I need to do is to wash and dry, thanks so much for my straight-manageable hair.
Although having long hair is easy to take care, it still has its ups and downs. As I'm getting older, I have noticed that my hair is getting thinner, dull and frizz easily. To keep my locks healthy and shiny, I do my hair care regiment religiously. I make sure to avoid things that I know will damage my hair.
So, if you're after a beautiful hair or want to figure out how to keep it healthy and shiny, read and learn on how to care for your strand.
Here are 11 hair care advice that I found helpful to keep my hair healthy and manageable.
1. Do not wash your hair every day.
Cleanse your hair every day, will remove the scalp of its protective oil and triggering it to produce more oil. Is advisable to wash your hair every other day or even better, for every three days. In between shampoo to minimize the oil in your scalp, you can use dry shampoo or put one teaspoon of baby powder and spread it on your scalp and brush it out. Here's my favorite dry shampoo
3. Massage your scalp Massage your head well as you shampoo to encourage blood circulation. And to remove all the excess dirt from your hair.
4. Avoid hot water Washing your scalp with hot water will dry out your hair and will lose its shine and create tangles that could result in damaged hair. My advice, shower your body with warm temperature after you're done washing your body, then lower the water temperatures to wash your hair only.
5. To avoid frizzy hair. To minimize hair frizz, gently dry your hair with microfiber towel by the press out all excess water instead of rubbing it. Remember, always care your hair with a gentle touch.
I use this product to minimize frizz hair:
my favorite product: www.amazon.com
6. Skip the hot air.
To avoid dry out your hair, don't blow dry with a hot air all the time, try to use hot air for a few seconds and finishing a blow dry with a blast of cold air, and this also will boost hair shine. Avoid hair straightener for everyday uses, unless you need to. Here's are my favorite hair dryer
7. Brush your hair twice and day.
My daughter will not go to sleep if I don't brush her hair, she has beautiful long deep-dark brown hair, and we've been doing this since she was about a year old. Brushing hair is one of our bedtime routines. To keep your hair healthy, to avoid untangled hair and to have utterly shine hair, you need to brush your hair twice a day. Healthy hair requires regular brushing but does not be rough, always treat your hair with a gentle touch.
8. Protect your hair from Sun Rays.
If you think Sun Rays can only be harmful to your skin, think again! Always protect your hair during summer, sun exposure is not just bad for your skin but also for your hair, because too much sun exposure will leave your hair damage and dry. Before you swim on the beach or pool, your first line of defense is filtered water. Your hair can only soak up a certain amount of water-like sponge so if you wet your hair with clean, filtered water before swimming, it will less soak up drying ingredients like salt or chlorine. I also recommend coating your hair with leave-in conditioner with a UV shield to create a physical barrier between your hair and the harsh chemical in the water. And the end of the summer always does an intensive conditioning treatment; whether you go to the salon or do it yourself at home, is essential to deep condition your hair at least every two weeks, this will help rejuvenate your damage and frizzed out hair.
This is the product that I love:
9. Drink plenty of water
I found out if my body hydrate well, my hair has become more manageable and shiny, so drink plenty of water promote hydrate and healthy hair.
10. Vitamin and Nutrition Have you heard this saying? " You are what you eat" So, the most important thing is to eat right. After all your hair gets all the nutrition from what you put on your body, so make sure eat right, healthy and add a vitamin supplement to your diet ( if you need too).I add this vitamin to my beauty regimen. Here is my favorite brand: www.amazon.com
11. Satin or Silk Pillow Case
Silk or satin pillowcase may not be significant enough to keep your hair healthy, but it's well worth the price is because there's no harsh friction with your hair tugging and pulling against this material resulting with fewer knots in the morning.
Ok lovelies, thank you so much for stopping by. If you have any hair care suggestion that you would like to add, please leave your comment before you leave this page. Thank you so much!